Castle Builder II
Castle Builder II was released by Rabcat in 2017, and is distributed by Microgaming. The game is a much-awaited sequel to their original Castle Builder pokie game which, released in 2013, promised an interactive gaming experience. Rabcat has taken this to a whole new level with their next game with multiple levels, 15 kingdoms, 75 castles, more than 300 characters and the chance to unlock more than 100 achievements. Players can choose their own avatar and build castles in the kingdom of their choosing, marry admirers for cash prizes and benefit from a free spins bonus round, while enjoying a pokies gaming experience. Castle Builder II is available at some of our top online casinos for Australian players, including:
- Ruby Fortune Casino
- Platinum Play Casino
- Royal Vegas Casino
How to Play
Castle Builder II is a 5 reel, 15 payline video pokie game; however, while its base game is a pokie game, its gameplay is a bit more complicated. Players begin by picking one of three avatars. Sam and Mandy are available first, with Igor also becoming available once the game cycle has been completed once. You will also need to pick a location on the map, with the option of 15 kingdoms available. The aim of the game is to collect building materials as the reels spin in order to complete the construction of a castle. This allows you to move through the different levels and different kingdoms of the game. There is a coin range in the game of $0.15 to $30.00, allowing even players with the smallest bankrolls to play. The most important symbols in the game are, in fact, the least valuable and these include the building materials which are the key to completing the construction of the castles.
High paying symbols:
- Gold bar
- Treasure chest
Low paying symbols:
- The king is the wild symbol and substitutes for all other symbols, except the scatter symbol, to complete a winning combination.
- The pink free spins symbol is the scatter symbol and it is the key to triggering the free spins bonus round.
Castle Builder II is a high variance game with high winning potential. It has no progressive jackpot and the highest payout is available from landing five of the crown symbols on an active payline.
Castle Builder II has been developed for play via multiple channels. It can be enjoyed via desktop, smartphone or tablet, supporting play with Android or iOS mobile devices.
Castle Builder II is full of special features which make the game unique.
- Avatar – Players must choose their own avatar out of three options.
- Kingdoms – There are 15 kingdoms, such as peaceful provinces, arid deserts, snowy mountains, wild jungles, the gates of hell and a kingdom in the skies. Players must choose the kingdom they wish to play in.
- Cup Challenge – Players begin playing in the Bronze Cup Challenge and can then move on to the Silver, Gold and Platinum levels. 9 out of the 15 kingdoms must be completed to end a Cup Challenge. Once the Bronze Cup Challenge has been completed, you will unlock the Free Building Mode, allowing you to build any castle you choose in an unlocked territory. The Bronze Cup Challenge requires 6 building materials in a pallet, while the Silver requires 9, the Gold requires 12 and the Platinum requires 15. These are more challenging, but offer higher winning potential.
- Castle Construction – Every winning combination with building materials will add one block to the pallet. Once the pallet is full, a section of the castle will be built, with 8 sections required to complete a castle. You can keep track of your progress via the metre at the top of the screen.
- Royal Weddings – As you complete each castle, admirers will turn up looking for the princess’s hand in marriage. Choose an admirer for a cash prize.
- Free Spins – Landing 3, 4 or 5 pink free spins scatter symbols anywhere on the reels will trigger the free spins bonus round and award 10, 15 or 20 free spins, respectively. The free spins cannot be re-triggered from within the feature.
Graphics and Sounds
The reels in this game are quite small and placed on the right side of the screen, leaving space on the left for the kingdom and castle that is being built. This background scene changes depending on the kingdom and castle you are busy with. The building pallet is situated below the castle and the building metre is above it. The reels are set into the walls of a castle with your avatar showing above it.
Castle Builder II is a fantastic example of how pokie games can include interactive components with avatars, levels and achievements. The graphics are superb, particularly considering the many variations that exist. The evolving nature of the game is sure to keep you coming back for more as the graphics change and you continue your chances to win impressive payouts, particularly through the Royal Wedding bonus feature and the free spins bonus round.