Kung Fu Rooster
Kung Fu Rooster was released by RTG software in mid-July, 2017. It was released to celebrate the Chinese New Year with the Rooster theme corresponding to this Year of the Rooster. In addition, the 12 animals in the Chinese Zodiac cycle also correspond to one of the five elements and this year, the rooster links with the element of fire which is also represented in the game, particularly during the Fire Claw Multiplier feature.
The game has 5 reels and 12 paylines with a fixed jackpot of up to 50,000 coins which can be triggered on a single spin, as well as a free spins bonus round that can include a random multiplier feature for extra winning opportunities. The game has been exclusively released at a limited number of casinos, before it is made available to a wider selection of gaming sites. It is currently available at:
- Springbok Casino
- Yebo Casino
- Ruby Fortune Casino
How to Play
Kung Fu Rooster is a 5 reel, 3 row, 12 payline video pokie game with a fire rooster theme. Players will be aiming to spin up the free spins bonus round with the random multiplier feature, at the same time as triggering the maximum fixed jackpot on each spin. A wide range of players will be able to enjoy this game thanks to the low betting range of between $0.01 and $12.00 that is available. The symbols in the game include:
High paying symbols:
- Yin Yang ornament
- Lotus flower
- Decorative knife
Low paying symbols:
- Purple 9
- Blue 10
- Pink J
- Green Q
- Orange K
- Red A
- Rooster – The wild symbol which substitutes for all other symbols, except the scatter symbol, to complete a winning combination. It can appear stacked on all the reels, with the chance for it to cover all 15 positions on the reels on a single spin. It is also the jackpot symbol and the key to triggering the maximum fixed jackpot.
- Monkey – The scatter symbol which is the key to triggering the free spins bonus round.
Kung Fu Rooster is a fixed jackpot game. The wild rooster symbol is the highest paying symbol and spinning up five stacks to cover the reels with 15 roosters on a single spin will award the maximum fixed jackpot of 50,000 coins. The low number of paylines, but high fixed jackpot indicate a high variance game.
Kung Fu Rooster has been developed for play via desktop or mobile devices, allowing players to enjoy the game wherever they are. It can be played in a download or instant play version and is available via Android, iOS or Windows smartphone and tablet devices.
Kung Fu Rooster has a limited number of special features, although these contribute to the high winning potential in the game.
- Stacked Wild – The wild rooster symbol can appear stacked on all the reels, resulting in the possibility to cover all 15 positions with roosters on a single spin.
- Final Trials Free Spins Bonus Round – Landing three or more monkey scatter symbols anywhere on the reels will trigger the free spins bonus round and award between 10 and 25 free spins. Monkey scatter symbols do not land during the free spins round so this feature cannot be re-triggered while it is playing.
- Fire Claw Multiplier Feature – This feature can only be triggered during the free spins bonus round and it is triggered randomly. If you are lucky enough for it to be triggered, your wins during the free spins will be subject to an increasing multiplier value, increasing by 1x on each spin up to a maximum of 25x by the last spin.
Graphics and Sounds
The Chinese theme of the game is evident immediately through the beautiful graphics and symbols that decorate the screen and the reels. The background is visible with cherry blossoms, intricately decorated stone pagodas and a long stone staircase leading up behind the reels.
This scene can be seen faintly through the reels. The reels are surrounded by a Chinese style frame in reds and golds. The high paying symbols are all related to the theme, while even the low paying card value symbols are designed to look like Chinese characters. The background soundtrack is calming and fits beautifully with theme, transporting you into the Chinese setting it depicts.
Kung Fu Rooster is a brightly coloured game with quality graphics and soundtrack. The Chinese theme is not unique, although the fire rooster does bring a unique element to it. Unfortunately, the game lacks exciting animations and the bonus features are a bit limited. Despite this, it offers a particularly high maximum fixed jackpot for players to aim for and an impressive multiplier value to hope to trigger during the free spins bonus round. All in all, the game is fun and entertaining and is a welcome addition to the RTG game portfolio.