Mark of Medusa
First released in January 2008, Mark of Medusa is an early example of a Microgaming video pokie that offers straightforward gameplay, a good variety of coin sizes and a potentially lucrative free spin bonus round.
How to Play
Mark of Medusa is a 5 reel 25 payline game where the wins pay left to right, except for the scatter symbols which pay anywhere on the reels. There are a variety of coin sizes ($0.01, $0.02, $0.05, $0.10, $0.20 and $0.25) and between 1 – 20 coins can be played per payline. This means that the maximum bet ranges in size from $5.00 – $125, although all 25 paylines can be played for as little as $0.25 per spin. Payline wins are multiplied by the number of coins staked per line.
- Medusa symbol is wild and substitutes for all other symbols (except the scatter)
- 5x Medusa symbols = up to 200,000x coins (up to $50,000)
- 4x Medusa symbols = up to 50,000x coins (up to $12,500)
- Pegasus symbol is the scatter
- 3x, 4x, 5x Pegasus symbols anywhere on the reels triggers the free spin bonus feature
- 5x Pegasus symbols = 100x total bet (up to $12,500, when playing the max)
- 5x Hound symbols = up to 10,000x coins (up to $2,500)
- 5x Amphora symbols = up to 5,000x coins (up to $1,250)
- 5x Soldier symbols = up to 20,000x coins (up to $5,000)
Free Spin Bonus Feature—this bonus round is triggered when 3x, 4x or 5x Pegasus symbols appear anywhere on the reels. The feature awards 15x, 20x, or 25x free spins (depending on how many symbols triggered the feature) and during this round all wins are tripled. Additional free spins can also be awarded during the bonus feature.
Graphics and sounds
The Greek mythology theme is well executed, with the symbols such as Medusa and Pegasus being brightly illustrated and animating after a win. The reels are uncluttered and there are subtle changes in the overall colour scheme between base play and the free spin feature. As the reels spin, the soundtrack conjures up Pegasus’ hoofbeats, while the background music is a modern electronic take on the ancient Greek lyre.
The biggest jackpot available on Mark of Medusa is for hitting 5x Medusa symbols during the free spin feature, where all wins are tripled. Playing the maximum coin size and number, this jackpot is worth up to $150,000. During base play, hitting 5x Medusa symbols is potentially worth up to $50,000 (when playing the max), while 5x Pegasus symbols can be potentially worth up to $12,500.
The most outstanding feature of Mark of Medusa is the free spin feature, as wins are tripled, meaning there is a potential jackpot of $150,000 available, alongside the chance to win further free spins.
- wild and scatter symbols
- scatter and bonus wins are added to payline wins
- auto-play mode
- payout percentage 95%+