Pharaoh’s Tomb is set in ancient Egypt, a popular setting for online pokies, and features very large payouts alongside a simple but potentially lucrative bonus feature.
How to Play
Pharaoh’s Tomb is a 5-reel 20 payline online pokie (like Kong) where all wins pay left to right, except for the scatter which pays anywhere on the reels. Coin sizes are $0.01, $0.02, $0.05, $0.10, $0.20, $0.25, $0.50 and $1.00, and between 1x – 20x coins can be played per line. This means the maximum bet ranges in size from $4.00 – $400. Scatter wins are multiplied by the total number of coins staked, while all other wins are multiplied by the number of coins staked per payline.
- Pharaoh symbol is wild, and only appears on reels 1 and 5
- Wild symbol doubles any win
- Scarab symbol is the scatter
- 3x, 4x or 5x Scarab scatter symbol trigger the Pharaoh’s Tomb Bonus feature
- 5x Scarab scatter symbol = 100x total bet (up to $40,000)
- 5x archaeologist symbol = up to 60,000x coins or $60,000
- 4x archaeologist symbol = up to 10,000x coins or $10,000
- 5x Sphinx symbol = up to 20,000x coins or $20,000
- 5x backpack symbol = up to 10,000x coins or $10,000
- 5x map symbol = up to 10,000x coins or $10,000
The Pharaoh’s Tomb Bonus feature, played on a separate screen, is triggered when 3x, 4x or 5x scarab scatter symbols appear anywhere on the reels. To win the major jackpot, you need to progress through three separate tombs.
When the bonus begins, you enter the first tomb which contains three sarcophagi. Select one and if it contains a key, you receive a random prize and progress to the second tomb; if not, the bonus feature finishes and you are awarded a consolation prize of 2x the bet that triggered the bonus (up to $800). This is repeated in the second tomb. If you reach the third tomb, and then correctly select the sarcophagi with the key, you win the jackpot prize of 100x the triggering bet (up to $40,000)
Graphics and Sounds
The colour scheme of Pharaoh’s Tomb is dominated by sandy hues, with symbols drawn from Ancient Egypt and archaeology, such as the Pharaoh, a scarab and the Sphinx, with the scatter and wild symbols animating brightly after a win. The background music and sound effects are not especially Egyptian, except on a winning spin, when ancient-style trumpets burst forth. The bonus round is very atmospheric, successfully recreating the sights and sounds of an ancient tomb.
The maximum jackpot during the Pharaoh’s Tomb Bonus feature is 100x total bet (up to $40,000), while the biggest jackpot in base play is 120,000x coins (up to $120,000) when 5x archaeologist symbols are hit, with a wild symbol substituting and when playing the maximum size and number of coins. 5x archaeologist symbols with no wild substituting can be worth up to 60,000x coins (or $60,000), again when playing the maximum coin size and number.
Although there is nothing especially elaborate about the gameplay, Pharaoh’s Tomb is a game that is notable for its wide range of betting options (from 0.01 – $400) and its potentially enormous payouts.
- Simple to play but potentially lucrative bonus feature
- Scatter symbol which triggers bonus round
- Wild symbol which doubles all wins
Pharaoh’s Tomb can be played at Platinum Play Online Casino