POLi is one of the most popular online payment methods in New Zealand and Australia. It connects to your bank account so that when you pay transactions online, you don’t need a credit card – all you need is to have an online banking account. And at the same time, because you don’t have to enter all your banking details when making that online purchase, POLi also keeps your bank account unexposed. More than that, there are no fees for you, the consumer! It’s simple, fast and popular – not just at online casinos, but also at major online retailers such as The Warehouse, on Facebook, with airlines like Air New Zealand, Qantas and Virgin, government offices like the Ministry of Fisheries, and many more.
See our Payment Methods page to find more information about alternative methods.
Best Online Casino Bonuses:
Setting up a POLi Account
The amazing thing with POLi is you don’t actually need to sign up for an account. So how does it work, you may ask.
Whenever you are reading to pay for your purchase, just choose POLi. After that, choose the bank you’re with. You’ll need to have an online banking account with a bank of course – all the major New Zealand banks like ANZ, ASB, BNZ, Bank Direct, Kiwibank, TSB Bank and Westpac will all work fine. What happens next is that you’ll be asked to enter your regular online banking username and password, and then just confirm the info and you’re done. Easy as pie.
Why Use POLi at an Online Casino
Some players don’t have a credit, or even if they do, they don’t like to use it online just to be on the extra safe side. So POLi comes in to fill in this need, because you online need to enter your normal online banking’s username and password. It also uses an extremely high level security (hey, it’s even trusted by the government afterall) and doesn’t store your sensitive information. This makes it a top choice for players who want a fast, easy way to pay online, without exposing their actual banking credentials. It works on both desktop computers as well as on mobile devices. Of course, there’s the added benefit that you don’t have to remember yet another username and password!
And when it comes online casinos – although admittedly POLi isn’t quite as widely accepted as Skrill or Neteller, the majority of online casinos do accept POLi. Like with e-wallets, deposits are credited into your account immediately, so you can start playing right away. Withdrawals are also fast, with no additional processing time, unlike credit cards. Top casinos for NZ players like Leo Vegas and Casinoland are just a few amongst the many that bank with POLi. This means that you know that with POLi, you have a large range of online casinos to choose from. Whether it’s jackpot pokies or live dealers, you know you can quickly get in on the action with POLi payments.
How to deposit with POLi at an Online Casino
So you’ve found a casino you like, and now you’re ready to do it. Follow these simple steps and your casino account will be charged in no time.
- Sign in to your casino account
- Go to the tab labelled “Banking”
- Choose “Deposit”
- Type in the amount of money you want to deposit
- Choose “Poli” from the payment options listed
- Choose your bank (this needs to have been set up for online banking beforehand. If not, just go to your bank and they can get it running for you in a jiffy.)
- Enter the username and password you use for online banking
- Follow the prompts and confirm the information
- Your casino account should now be credited with your deposit
While deposit processes at online casinos do vary, they are more similar than different. So these steps will get you through most online casinos!
To withdraw funds
You’ve deposited, you’ve played, and you’ve won. Now’s the time to get your winnings back home. Here’s how you do it:
- When you’re logged into your casino account, select the “Banking” tab
- Select “Withdraw”
- Specify the amount you would like to withdraw
- Select “POLi” among the options available. Generally speaking, it’s better to use the same payment method for both depositing and withdrawing – it’ll make things a lot faster.
- Confirm Withdrawal Request
- Many casinos have a waiting period (also called pending period) from 24 hours to 2 working days before they process your withdrawal request. During this time, you may cancel your withdrawal. But once this waiting period is over, the money will be credited to your account within 24 hours.
Again, the exact details may vary from casino to casino, but this is generally how the withdrawal process goes.
Without any extra registration process, players can use POLi to make online transactions. For those who don’t have a credit card, POLi makes e-commerce widely available. Whether it’s just everyday shopping, or buying a plane ticket, or playing at online casinos, or even paying the government, New Zealanders love using POLi because it’s both easy and secure, and it works well on mobile too. There’s no need to enter long strings of numbers – your regular online banking username and password is all you need. Lots of online casinos accept POLi for both deposits and withdrawals. And because you don’t need to sign up beforehand, you can simply choose it completely spontaneously when you decide to make a payment. Give it a shot whenever you feel like it!