Play’n GO has been a top of the range developer in the online gaming world for over 20 years, with a respected level of expertise in what is arguably a highly competitive market. What all of their technology gives you in Sweet 27 is a new twist on an old game. Sweet 27 ups the game (pun intended) technology-wise, offering multiple ways of winning and even more ways of building on your successes.
With a minimum bet of $0.10 and a maximum of $100, this is really a game for any type of pokie player, with even newbies being able to dip their toes in the water, as well as diehard fans being able to go all in with their max bets. Additionally, this pokie offers the ever-popular gamble round after a win on the reels, allowing players to attempt to double their winnings.
Bright colors, lively music, and fruits that will make you drool, are proof that you can not only teach an old dog new tricks, but that they can be profitable ones, too!
How to Play
Sweet 27 plays like most regular online pokies. Play’n Go’s fruity wonderland offers 3 reels, with 27 fixed paylines to win on. With 1950’s dive music playing in the background, you have significantly more opportunities to win a cash prize then you do with other, more typical slot machines. Whereas with other online pokies, you’d need to win matching symbols in one line, Sweet 27 gives you a payoff if you have a matching item, in any spot along the three lines – and that’s before we mention the wild symbol.
This is a highly volatile slot, so winning something at some point is almost guaranteed, what with a return to players of 96%.
The main reels’ symbols consist of:
- chocolate BARS,
- sugar coated oranges,
- cream filled strawberries,
- pink and white candy cane striped 7’s,
- Wild symbols: these offer the highest payoffs, at 500 coins with multipliers of 3x. Candy striped 7s are the second largest payoff, offering prizes of 300 coins with 3x multipliers. You are bound to get lots of dry runs before any payoffs, but it’s getting the Wilds and the time you put in.
- Rolling Wilds: these are when Wild symbols act as as “Rolling Wilds”, serving as other symbols when a winning combo is completed.
- Rolling Wild in the third payline: If you see this happen in your game, then a Free Spins round will be triggered, also giving you two more free spins. Additional free spins can be obtained when Wilds show appear subsequently in lines two and one.
- Free Spins: The amount of free spins you have reset to 2 if a Wild shows up again. Wilds are then awarded by a multiplier of 1x. You can play for free spin upwards of 9 times, crediting you with 20 free spins, with a 3x multiplier attached to each one.
- The Gamble option: You can also play for a Gamble Round which makes it possible to multiply your total winnings during any spin in the regular game. All you have to do is guess the right color or suit of a hidden card and you can do so up to 5 times.
Play Sweet 27 at the following casinos:
In addition to bonus wins, multipliers, and gamble rounds, Sweet 27’s pooled jackpot affords players more than 1500 ways to win, making the game that much more enticing. Unfortunately, there is no progressive jackpot on offer, however this being a high volatility pokie and with all those extra features, you’re bound to win something at some point.
As you’d expect from Play’N Go pokies, Sweet 27 optimises beautifully on desktop, mobile and tablet devices across iOS, Windows, and Android systems.
There are a myriad numbers of ways to earn a payoff in Sweet 27. The game offers variety, variability and the thrill of pursuit.
- The Rolling Wilds Free Spins Bonus: As mentioned above, whenever you see the wild symbol landing in the third reel, the bonus feature is triggered, awarding you with two free spins. These can asko retrigger up to 9x, or up to 20 free spins.
- The Gamble feature: after each win on the reels, you’ll be offered to ‘Gamble’ – which allows you to guess the colour of the next card in a suit of cards. Guess right, and you gamble your winnings from the reels. Guess wrong, and you’re returned to the base game.
Graphics and Sounds
Vivid colors and jukebox style music make the foods in this game come alive. You can almost taste the succulence of the berries and cream due to the beautifully rendered graphics, and the soundtrack is crystal clear, and pretty nice to listen to, too.
If you’re interested in a game with a payoff, that is not fancy but has withstood some of the more grandiose games out there, then Sweet 27 is for you. It has a limited amount of bells and whistles, but is engaging and user friendly, and a good option for newbies and experienced players alike.